Thursday, October 11, 2012

Arizona Adventures Begin

I'm sorry I fell off the blogging world for a while, but I'm ready to update this. I've been writing weekly family letters so will include some of them or parts of them as I give an update. So here we go.

9/2/12

Weekly Undertakings

Besides the usual cooking, cleaning, shopping and mothering, I have also managed to get the girls and myself to the splash pad where we met up with another Thunderbird wife and her kids, made it to toddler time at the library, played at the library, took Lauren into the doctor for yet another ear infection, waited around the house for hours and hours for a repair man and an exterminator, who both managed to show up late, made it to a dinner party at Jake’s school, and made it to church where I managed to be where I needed to be, even with a very tired Lauren, and share my testimony. I also made it to a Relief Society Activity alone! How wonderful is that?

I have also began a quest to make and cook in a solar oven on a regular basis and embarked on a mission to begin a ward play group. I am 100% committed to my solar oven quest and 75% committed to my play group quest. I could probably find a group already going in my area or attend with a friend’s ward play group about 15 minutes away. But I just received an e-mail with ward info for all the primary kids, so I guess I’d better stick with the task since most of the work has already been done for me after discussing the idea with the ward Relief Society President, whom I love!

Weekly News

Lauren started walking on Wednesday. It’s adorable. She’s adorable. Her birthday is Tuesday. We are probably going to the zoo tomorrow to celebrate even though it will likely be very busy and extremely hot. The local libraries here have culture passes so we’ll get in free. I believe that is all. Jake has been really busy with school so we are adjusting to that after his laid-back job where he had to take time off frequently and could come and go as he pleased and answer the phone whenever I called. But life is good.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment