9/29/12
Life is good.
We haven't had any trouble trying to stay busy. Even Emma and Lauren are finding their own little things to keep them busy. Lauren loves to play with socks and shoes and is delighted when someone will put them on her and then take her outside. She also played with cars and balls a lot this week on her own. Emma discovered the amazing substance called glue this week and successfully played with it for almost an hour gluing cheerios and beads to a piece of paper. How I love things that entertain them in positive ways for more than ten minutes!
Jake continues to be busy busy with school. He's been putting in a lot of time, leaving around 8 or 8:30 and getting home between 6:30 and 8:30 and then amazes me with his endurance when he opens a textbook again after already putting in 10 or more hours! He has been looking at trips he can participate in for his international requirement. To my delight he is applying for a trip to Peru to learn Spanish. He had a test yesterday, one this Tuesday, a project due Wednesday, and a group project due a week from Friday. He still manages to be a great father and I find myself asking "what would Jake say/do?" as I parent in his absence.
I finished my solar oven and successfully baked banana bread in it today. I am also working on a home school pre-k curriculum mainly because I want my life to have more meaning than being a babysitter and housekeeper. I may also take on the International Women and Families club at Thunderbird. No one has stepped up to run it and they have thousands of dollars just waiting for a president to okay the spending of it. I wonder if I can handle all of it though. (Anything to get out of cleaning the house. :))
Love,
Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment