Thursday, May 17, 2012

I was thinking today that it has been FOREVER since I posted, so here I go. Tonight we enjoyed a nice evening picnic at the park. Emma was warmed up to the slide while mom and Lauren went down the one next to her. Soon enough, she was going down by herself while mom and dad sat in the grass with Lauren while she crawled around and explored. It was so cute to see Emma looking over to make sure we were watching and she'd wave and get so excited that she went down by herself. She made several people chuckle at her cute expression and excitement. It was also a huge treat to hear her say thanks for taking me when we got home. She has become quite the independent little talker. We'll ask her if she wants oatmeal for breakfast and she'll say "how bout.." and she'll think of something else. She also loves to say "I think so" when asked something. She has also started saying I love you. She can be a lot of fun. She's learning so fast.

She turned 2 in March. We took her swimming with her cousin for her birthday and she had a blast. Cake and cupcakes are her favorite thing in the world, it seems, and so she enjoyed having both made just for her birthday. She also quite enjoyed getting gifts. We've decided with all the gifts given by others, we don't need to give her anything for these special occasions. It's nice to have so many who love our little girls.

Earlier today I watered and weeded our little garden. We started at least half from seed and it has been fun to watch everything grow (or not grow in some cases.) I also noticed that Lauren's first tooth has finally poked through. That little girl is all over the place these days. She is a great crawler and loves to climb anything she can. I have been surprised to see her in some sticky situations because she has climbed up on something. She typically finds a way out before I manage to intervene though. She is a tough, brave girl. And walking is not far off with that tiny gal! She also learned how to wave the past 2 weeks and we love that. She almost always has a smile on her face and if she gets hurt it only takes a moment of crying and she's good to go.

We are going to be moving down to Arizona in the fall for Jake to attend school and are getting excited for that.

We also sold our beautiful Tacoma and instead Jake has undertaken learning to ride a motorcycle. He purchased a beautiful Honda Shadow and handles it like a pro already.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing two year olds talk. Emma is no different. She's ssssoooo cute!

    And while I'm excited for YOU to go on your Arizona adventure, I'm not excited for ME. I'm selfish like that. I will see you before you go though...just let me get through the end of this crazy month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ash, Your girls are so darling. Hope things are going well. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete