Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lauren's Birthday!


Hmm. 
 
Yes, I think I can stay awake for some of this..
 
Emma's silly face.  :)
 
The zoo!  Yea.
 
Emma got scared by a cave in the splash pad area and then refused to have fun or be in pictures..
 
 
9/9/12

Here we go again.. News of the week- Jake was invited to a special dinner with Exxon Mobile tonight and may be invited to interview this week for an internship. It looks like he'll for sure end up doing an internship as it only makes sense to broaden his resume, but that means we'll be here through the end of next year. I started the play group. I sent out an e-mail Wednesday evening that we would be starting this and by the way if anyone wanted to come tomorrow to the Splash Pad, we'd be there. 3 families came! Yea. Cool to find people who are up for anything and are free to do something the very next day.

We had a couple over for games Friday and had a good time. The guy is a HUGE Utah fan and so we were able to find the game online at ESPN 3 and watched the last quarter. Jake and I were both happy when the Aggies won! The other guy was appalled that I went to the U and wanted the Aggies to win. How could you not when you're a Jaggi?

Lauren's birthday was good. We went to Cabella's and she LOVED seeing all the animals. She gets so excited. Well, truly she gets intense, not excited. She sees it and recognizes it's an animal and she goes still and serious and points at it and makes the sign for bird and says something like "Bhur." Unless it's a fish. She knows that sign too and can say fish. She also says a few other words. It's cute. She understands a lot and even folds her arms when she sees others doing it or when we say it's time to pray. She is also all over the house this week and loves being able to walk. She'll wander down the hall by herself or get into mischief. Her one-year doctor apt. also went well. She's right down the middle as far as height, weight, etc.

This week I'm hoping to take the girls Friday-Sunday to Lake Powell where we'll meet up with my family. The girls sure miss everyone so much.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment