Monday, October 19, 2009

Our little miracle!

Jake and I are the only ones who know what a miracle we have, so I thought I'd put a sparkle to our news of our pregnancy and tell the full providential story. Here is why I believe this little girl is surely meant to be. Some people attribute things to chance, others clearly recognize when God has performed a work, however great or small it may be. I attribute the procession of occurances we experienced to God.

We had been trying to get pregnant for a few months without success and God told us it just wasn't quite time yet. When He decided it was time though, there was no stopping it!

First, Jake was going to be in Germany for 2 weeks during the small window of opportunity we had to yield a pregnancy in the month of June. We had even planned our own little trip to take advantage of the free airline ticket. But even with my flying out to Germany as planned, we still would have completely missed the small window. Before we made any definate plans, however, his work postponed the trip until August. Jake was grateful because he wasn't planning on staying with the company that long and didn't want to be away for 2 weeks anyway. So that meant no trip to Europe for me, but that he would be home.

Then his work scheduled him for a business trip to Oregon just overlapping that small window.. Oh well, maybe next month, I thought.

Nope, then his company had something urgent come up in Quebec. So they had Jake cancel his trip to Oregon (which was no small deal because he had to cancel an airline ticket, a hotel, and forget about all he had done to get ready) and schedule a trip up to Quebec for the week following.

So first it was out of the question because Jake was going to be in Germany. Then it was out of the question because he was going to be in Oregon! So after changing the plan 3 times, God was able to bring us together during that critical week.

What a miracle! I can't wait to meet her.

1 comment:

  1. Obivously meant to be. God really does have His hand in everything. I thought I would have an extremely difficult time getting pregnant, but the impression that we needed to have kids was so intense, some days I thought I was going crazy because I was hearing so many voices telling me not to put it off any longer. Despite my extremely irregular cycle, I got pregnant our first or second try. Obviously this child wants to be here, and God made that happen for us.

    ReplyDelete