Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jake's Birthday

Thursday was Jake's birthday. I had high ambitions for cleaning the house, baking a cake, finding a few last minute gifts, and decorating. I have found that I really just need to set my sights a little lower with Emma around. I tried to let her help me with the cake and she sure had fun sneaking frosting!

We visited him at work and then that night he chose to go out for pizza. He spent a lot of the evening on the phone with his family. The Watson cousins sang Happy Birthday cha cha cha and the Walker cousins sang Happy Birthday old man. Emma had a blast playing with the wrapping paper and ribbons. We also got a helium balloon for dad that she enjoyed playing with.

We were excited to get to share the news that he took the GMAT last Saturday and scored in the 97th percentile. We're looking at grad school in the next year or two.

We're grateful for Jake and hope he knows it and was able to feel it on his day.

1 comment:

  1. 97th freaking percentile! Holy shiz. I'm not really all the surprised, half the words that fella utters I need a dictionary for.

    And don't worry, every parent feels the same way about their kiddos. I always have good intentions which are rudely interrupted (spelling is wrong) by the princess.

    ReplyDelete