Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We've made it to the due date!

So I was thinking about how I was due to have a baby today and am clearly not at the hospital.. It's a little disheartening. I'm hoping she'll arrive by the end of the week. My mom said way back that I should plan on her being 2 weeks late so I won't be disappointed when she isn't early. She was right. I really should have realized with this whole having a baby thing that it never goes according to my plan. It's all been a waiting game. But then I was thinking about how a chick hatches after ages of just sitting on the eggs and waiting for them to hatch (YIKES!) and how difficult it would be to wait while the poor little baby does all the work. I'll be glad to have my work cut out for me when she finally comes. We sure do have it easy in comparison to so many others. And she'll be healthier with all the time she's had to prepare to enter the world.



And the good news is I'm having braxton hicks contractions quite often today. My body is in training for the real event. Hopefully my next post will be about having a darling little baby in our arms.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the waiting! It drove me crazy not knowing the "when!" I'll be thinking about you. Don't forget to write down your experience soon after the baby comes because it's amazing how fast you forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting, especially after the due date has come and gone, has got to be agonizing. I remember watching chicks hatch when I was a kid. They seemed to take forever. But they sure were cute when they came out--just as I'm sure there's a reason your little one needed to take a little longer to make her presence.

    ReplyDelete