Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay."
We are ready for Baby Jaggi to arrive and it is hard to just wait now. I know I still have 2 weeks and a day until her estimated time of arrival comes, but babies come early ALL the time. I have the Laurels in our ward coming over tonight, so that motivated me to get rid of all the gift bags from our baby shower and put everything in its place. For family night last night, Jake took me shopping to get all the last little things we need to feel ready for the baby. Unfortunately Target didn't have quite everything, but we are 95% ready. We went through my list of things to pack for the hospital and realized there are several things we can get ready ahead of time, which will probably be tonight's project after Young Womens.
Jake informed me last night that he has a birthday wish. I was delighted to hear what he would say until he said, "I don't want any presents for my birthday." I've been planning for his birthday since before Christmas! I don't have many things for him, but I do have some. He said that was okay, but not to buy him anything else. He is such an endearing husband! He is super helpful and sweet. He is a wonderful example of needs verses wants. And when I come home from work and smile because I'm so happy to see him, he gets the cutest smile on his face. I am so lucky and cannot wait to experience what a wonderful daddy he is! I'm glad he's getting a little girl, because he will seriously be so great with her!
I've heard rumors that more babies are born during a storm, a full moon, or on a Tuesday. I checked the weather and there is a storm forcast for Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday this week. The full moon is on Sunday. More women also go into labor more often at night because they are more relaxed. So basically, our darling daughter could be born at any time. It's hard to stay focused on the regular day to day things when we have such a remarkable event coming right around any corner! Luckily we have a busy week with Jake's birthday on Wednesday, get-togethers with friends on Friday and Saturday evening, a baptism on Saturday, Jake speaking and myself teaching young womens in church on Sunday, and work as usual. But baby Emma or Sarah or Alyssa or some other beautiful name, you are welcome to interrupt any and all of our plans. We would be delighted to have you here at last!

First off, I think you and Jake are thee CUTEST couple on the planet. Secondly, your belly is adorable. Thirdly, I loved your shower. You got some great stuff! And lastly, I will fully support you going into labor at any point because I am SSSSOOO curious to know what that little lady looks like! :) Good luck on labor and delivery. And don't worry, I still have three months to go and I'm completely checked out of everything...work, church, family, it's all about the baby and focuing on her!
ReplyDelete