Sunday, November 29, 2009

D.C. and Virginia

Jake and I got to go out to Virginia in October (I know this is way late..) and visit his sister and see some of our country's history in D.C. It was a quick trip, but so wonderful! The fall leaves were beautiful and the trip to D.C. was so cool! I learned so much about history and it increased my desire to learn more about everything that has happened in the world. Jake's sister, Sarah, was a wonderful host and has spent a lot of time in that area, so she was able to teach us about Williamsburg, Jamestown, and about the Revolution. It was awesome. I wish we would have had more time. The pictures below have captions, which will pretty much tell you all about our trip. We got to see a lot of cool places and took pictures at most of them.

This slideshow is cool, but I could not for the life of me get the pictures to go in the right order. They play backwards. I reordered them 5 times switching back and forth, and everytime, it plays them in the same order. So it will make more sense if you just use the arrows and go backwards..



It was a great trip and we were so lucky to have Jake's frequent flyer miles and hotel rewards to make it probably our least expensive trip of the past, present, and future. And of course, our big thanks to Sarah and Daniel!

1 comment: