Monday, June 22, 2009

Inspired



I spent some time with an old roommate this past weekend and she was telling me about ways to bring out your creativity by spending an hour a week doing something completely random (was that before or after we discovered her car had been towed and she had to pay $203.00 to get it out?) This past week I ate at a wonderful Indian restaurant, saw the movie Up, went to a Tongan wedding reception, gazed out over the valley after a picnic as Jake read, watched lizards running around and chasing each other, saw some beautiful waterfalls, almost went camping, saw some incredible cloudy skies, basked in the smiling eyes of my husband, played some tennis, talked to some old friends, spent some time with my dad on Father's day, and read Pete Brienholt's blog. After all of this, I feel something close to inspiration. It's like a breaking down of the things that kept me from creating a blog and a desire to have an outlet for my thoughts. I told Jake yesterday that I didn't have anything to write about in my journal, only to discover that I had quite an eventful week. At least now I have a place to put all the blogs I visit to see a window into the lives of my friends and family. I'll have to ask Jake what that hot air balloon says--I think it's in German.
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment