
It is with great pleasure that I sit to write our Christmas letter. I was going to go the easy route this year and send a picture greeting that said “Joy to the World,” but have been inspired by my family to proceed as follows,
I, Ashley Nicole Holland Jaggi, present the following awards this December of 2011, to the following:
The Greatest Dad Award goes to Jake, for being the most amazing father and dad to his girls. I knew Jake was going to be a great dad, but I have continually been stunned by just how great he is at this. He manages to be adored by each of the girls in our family while being firm, consistent, and just plain endearing. He is continually teaching, loving, and entertaining. Emma’s favorite word to use with dad is ‘again’ and mom is continually delighted to see he never turns her away due to being too tired, or too anything. He is always a father, and always a dad, and how I love him for it!
Next, The Most Accomplished in a Year Award goes to Emma, for how much she has learned this year. Since last Christmas, this girl has learned how to walk, talk, eat with a spoon, be a big sister, fake cry, run, dance, twirl, open drawers, open cupboards, open ziplock bags, play with dolls, pretend, tell stories, play with others (still a work in progress, might I add), play the piano, sing, clean up, clean, draw, and has learned American Sign Language (also a work in progress, but she knows over 50 signs!) Wow, she has been busy!
And finally, The Quickest to Smile Award goes to Lauren who gives her smiles quickly and freely to anyone and everyone whether they are talking to her, smiling at her, or just there to look at. I have seen her power to change someone’s mood in a second with her beautiful smile and she sure does attract attention with it!
As for myself, I have had the joy this year of supporting everyone in their accomplishments. How I love to see others succeed! I have also LOVED the opportunity to teach Emma about the two men who make Christmas and how they teach the same principles of loving, giving, and inviting others to do good.
I hope this letter finds you well and in behalf of my family, wish you all a Merry Christmas.
With Love,
Jacob, Ashley, Emma, and Lauren
And the award for most amazing, beautiful and creative mama goes to: Ashley!
ReplyDelete