I was able to go to Education Week at BYU today!! I've never needed it more and the opportunity window couldn't have been better. If there was one thing I did for myself each year, this would be it. The perspective it gives me and the reminders I receive are incredibly beneficial for me and I'm sure make things go smoother in my life. Jake had the day off today and he had Emma all day long! BLESS HIM!
I've been going through a difficult time in my life lately and have had a hard time keeping perspective and doing the things I know will make me happy. I could probably say that my situation had led me to be bitter much more often than better. I've been able to remember that the Lord is there and wants to help, but too resentful to feel like going to Him.
True doctrine changes attitudes and behavior. -Elder Packer
The best thing I experienced today was the overwhelming feeling of the Spirit telling me that the Lord is mindful of me. He knows what I'm going through. He's in charge. He'll send the help I need. He'll strengthen me.
I remembered what it's like to live a life guided and directed by the Spirit. I heard amazing stories about the things people go through and how it has made them better. I was reminded for the second week in a row how quickly things can change and how I need to take advantage of each day. Make the most of each day with my little girl. Make the most of my marriage. Be who I want to be right now.
And I learned more about my Savior and Redeemer. Oh how I need Him in my life. What a blessing it is to know Him and to know of Him. What a pleasure to feel of His love and to look at how He has and does bless me.
Oh that I can remember and apply these things!
No comments:
Post a Comment