We had a busy Memorial Day weekend! We managed to go on two mini-vacations and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Jake had Friday and Monday off and also took Thursday off. We headed down to Goblin Valley area Thursday to Friday. It was beautiful weather! We hiked Little Wild Horse and Crack Canyon slot canyons. We ended up with the wrong baby carrier, but we managed both hikes quite well. We LOVED Little Wild Horse even though we had to trek through red sand water for part of the hike. It was quite an adventure. We didn't get as far in Crack Canyon as we hoped due to water again, but weren't quite as impressed anyway. My favorite part of the Crack Canyon hike was getting to the trailhead. We had to travel on a few dirt roads, the last of which is definately better suited to four-wheel-drive vehicles. Our car did just fine and I was impressed with Jake's off-roading skills. What an adventure! I loved it!
We had a day to recuperate in-between outings, which was so nice! I was pretty tired after all our adventures.
Then it was off to Logan for Sunday and Monday. It was a lot of fun to see family, play games, and visit with everyone. Emma is often quite brave these days with other people, so it's fun to see her interacting with everyone up there, especially her cousins.
Our community swimming pool also opened up on Memorial Day so we've taken advantage of that. It's surprisingly warm! If anyone wants to get together for a swim sometime, just let me know!
You, my dear, are a maniac! Look at you hiking with a 1 year old and pregnant! So impressive and nothing I want to ever try to live up to.
ReplyDeleteAnd I will totally take you up on your swimming pool! Just let me know when. I'm always home. :)