So all moms probably feel like firing themselves from the job. Some would probably be grateful and relieved to be fired. I wanted to fire myself yesterday. Nothing huge happened (not like a few weeks ago when I stood by while Emma burned her sweet, little hand on the waffle iron!!) Yesterday it was just locking us out of the house (no worries, we have a spare key..), coming home later than I said I would TWICE, and turning her clothes blue in the wash! It is my favorite color.. I told Jake about it and he asked me why. I'm not sure if he was referring to why it happened or why I did that. I explained why it happened, but wanted to be a smart-alec and make up some elaborate reason why I think all of Emma's things should really be blue. Does he think I did it on purpose?! Geez. Maybe I should be fired.
Jake looks out for his little girl! He always tells me to look out for her. He's such a good dad! I don't think he's done anything to merit getting fired. Anyway, I guess a boss would take into consideration all of things I've done well and weigh that against my follies. Overall, I guess I still have a job. I am so grateful for friends, sisters, a mom, and a husband who help me to know how hard it really is and who provide moral support. I guess it does take a whole village..
At least you didn't drop her on her head like I did mine. We all make mistakes. That's why babies are so tough.
ReplyDelete